You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
How can I help?
How to Edit
Army List Builders
Army List Archive
Glossary of Abbreviations
Rules & Abilities Archive
Protectorate of Menoth
Retribution of Scyrah
Convergence of Cyriss
Four Star Syndicate
Legion of Everblight
Blindwater Congregation Minion Pact
Thornfall Alliance Minion Pact
Models listed by Expansion
Mk I Archive
Arcantrik Force Generator
arcantrik force generator
Arcantrik Force Generator - Retribution Battle Engine
The arcantrik force generator is a massive engine of war that houses one of the most devastating and complex weapons in the arsenal of the Retribution of Scyrah. Its teleforce cannon, which fires concentrated bursts of kinetic energy, represents the very pinnacle of Iosan arcane science. Blasts from the force generator shatter anything they touch, reduce the ground to craters and rubble, and fling enemies aside like broken dolls.
Slow SPD, high RAT, laughable DEF and high ARM with 20 damage boxes.
- Very long range with high POW.
- When choosing to make ranged attacks, choose one of the following attributes:
- Gains a bonus to POW and a medium AOE, which remains as rough terrain for one round. Exists for battlefield control, with the secondary role of picking off high-DEF, low-ARM targets with the AOE.
- 2-4 shots, counting as 1 ROF. Best used against heavy infantry, but can threaten a 'caster given the chance.
- Useful to set up a hard target like a 'jack so your melee units can get at it, or when you have a nice slam-line.
- Can't be charged or slammed in its front arc.
- If the AFG aims, both it and any myrmidons in B2B get an extra 2" on their shots.
- As expected.
- The only defense it has in close combat.
- No need for CMD checks.
Thoughts on the Arcantrik Force Generator
The Arcantrik Force Generator provides a variety of battlefield applications that are significantly different from taking a second myrmidon. Its point cost makes it a prohibitive choice at 35 points, especially given that almost every single enemy model on the battlefield will be able to shoot it. However, it is a valuable asset in higher point games. The AFG's main purpose is as an artillery construct, but it has some support potential with Range Booster. As a battle engine with a huge base, it can easily be used to block fire from very shooty models such as
, but conversely cannot hide from ranged fire. Pretty much the only thing that can block line of sight to the Arcantrik Force Generator is another battle engine.
will help to keep it alive, which may be necessary if your opponent is trying to whittle its life down over time.
It also has no way of boosting its attacks; it can't gather focus, souls, or anything else. It's only likely to gain boosts or extra attacks under the impetus of a feat. It is also very squishy and relies on Gunfighter to protect itself, which is not so useful when it can't make additional attacks (outside of Rapid Fire); do not let the enemy anywhere near this thing if you have the choice.
Using the AFG to its full potential requires your army to have a solid firebase, but that doesn't mean it only works with ranged-focused warcasters. A great setup for when you have a melee-focused warcaster is to have two Arcanists hanging around a pair of big guns (such as a
), and then have them form a firebase with the AFG. The Arcanists can repair any damage the 'jacks take and provide extra focus while the gunline is blasting away at an absurd range. The best part is that the AFG will draw attention away from your 'jacks, letting them charge forwards as a second line if the AFG bites the dust.
A word of caution when facing foes with
: a foe can easily turn the AFG around to bypass Polarity Field. Just keep your distance and kill the arc nodes.
If you choose Rapid Fire, do not choose additional types when resolving the individual Rapid Fire attacks.
Feat - Further increases its accuracy, making it possible to hit nearly anything. With
, it can potentially move up to 8" due to
- Allows the Generator to aim and fire up to 20", which should be pretty much anywhere on the battlefield.
Vortex of Destruction
- Allows the Generator to boost damage rolls against targets near Ravyn. With the AFG's high accuracy, this can be a reliable way of destroying targets with low DEF.
Feat - Increases damage, which is especially noticeable when using
- When combined with
, this can create a significant number of AOEs to clear out tightly-packed infantry.
- Pretty much Vyros's only synergy with the AFG. The AFG already has high ARM, and increasing it makes it even more difficult to kill.
Feat - One round of denied shooting helps keep the AFG alive once your opponent starts to focus on it.
- Against certain 'casters, this will save the AFG from being nullified by various debuffs or destroyed by powerful, long-ranged spells.
Telekinesis - Adds escape abilities, the option of moving 2" and maintaining the ability to aim, and the possibility of more accuracy if the enemy model's back is turned.
- Shooting at knocked down targets means that you're very rarely going to miss. This is useful when using
(chances are you're going to miss at least once) and
help on how to format text
what links here?
arcantrik force generator
Contributions to http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2014 Tangient LLC
Privateer Press, Iron Kingdoms, The Witchfire Trilogy, WARMACHINE, HORDES, Warcaster, Warjack, Cygnar, Khador, Cryx, Menoth, Protectorate of Menoth, Protectorate, Trollblood, Circle Orboros, Legion of Everblight, Skorne, Full Metal Fantasy™, Steam Powered Miniatures Combat, Monstrous Miniatures Combat and all other character names, their distinctive likenesses, and faction symbols are property of
Privateer Press, Inc.
and © 2000-2014 Privateer Press. Some text and images presented here are the property of Privateer Press, Inc. Used with permission.
Turn off "Getting Started"