You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
How can I help?
How to Edit
Army List Builders
Army List Archive
Glossary of Abbreviations
Rules & Abilities Archive
Protectorate of Menoth
Retribution of Scyrah
Convergence of Cyriss
Four Star Syndicate
Legion of Everblight
Blindwater Congregation Minion Pact
Thornfall Alliance Minion Pact
Models listed by Expansion
Mk I Archive
This page is from an old edition of the rules. Please only edit this page for grammar and style. Please be careful when linking this page, and do not link it to a newer rules set that doesn't apply.
Exemplar Bastions -Protectorate Exemplar Unit
The Exemplar Bastions represent the Protectorate's first unit of heavy infantry. They are not defined as a "Knights Exemplar Unit", thus they don't get the Elite Cadre bonuses with Epic Kreoss, and furthermore you can't take an extra unit for each Seneschal you have.
They will also be
first foray into the world of plastic models.
Compared to the
,the Bastions are a little slower, but a little stronger too. Their DEF is lower, but their ARM is higher.
Weapons and Attacks
- The first Reach weapon for the Exemplars. Unfortunately, the POW is low, so they are equal in P+S to the
- Bastions, like all Exemplars, never flee.
- Models in this unit in base-to-base contact with each other can't be Knocked Down. The
will enjoy this ability since they won't get knocked down when she Martyrs them.
- A neat ability to help keep the unit alive longer. Basically, when Knight A gets wounded, he may assign the damage to other Knights in the unit. The only catch is that you can't give more damage to another Knight then it has damage points remaining.
- This is what makes them Exemplars. After you hit with an attack, you add the number of damage points the Knight has taken to the damage roll. So, the unit leader (Warder) could be rolling 4d6+18 for damage!
- You gain an additional die on damage rolls.
Thoughts on the Exemplar Bastions
From my experiences play testing so far, these guys are going to be excellent selections with the
, since they don't get Knocked Down when she uses Martyrdom. These guys are slow, but since we have access to
, this can be partially alleviated.
Sadly, they are a "Protectorate Exemplar Unit", so they do not benefit from
Elite Cadre, but despite that I think they will still be a good option with him. The feat turn will give automatic hits and an additional attack. Also, his spell, Inviolable Resolve, will make them ARM 19, which will make them extremely tough to bring down.
I've tried running them with
as well, trying to utilize them as a wall to hide his medium sized base. I wasn't totally sold on the idea, because the Bastions have a very low DEF, so enemy warcaster/warlocks will not have any trouble hitting them, and therefore either bouncing a chain lighting or clipping him with an AOE.
help on how to format text
what links here?
Contributions to http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2014 Tangient LLC
Privateer Press, Iron Kingdoms, The Witchfire Trilogy, WARMACHINE, HORDES, Warcaster, Warjack, Cygnar, Khador, Cryx, Menoth, Protectorate of Menoth, Protectorate, Trollblood, Circle Orboros, Legion of Everblight, Skorne, Full Metal Fantasy™, Steam Powered Miniatures Combat, Monstrous Miniatures Combat and all other character names, their distinctive likenesses, and faction symbols are property of
Privateer Press, Inc.
and © 2000-2014 Privateer Press. Some text and images presented here are the property of Privateer Press, Inc. Used with permission.
Turn off "Getting Started"